2007-03-15

Call for Help (Updated)

Okay, I've been struggling with this issue for several days now. So, if anybody out there has successfully built Subversion 1.4.2 or 1.4.3 on MacOS 10.4, please, PLEASE let me know if you know how to resolve this issue.

When I try to build Subversion, I can configure it just fine, but when I try to make, I get the following:

Reason: Incompatible library version: libaprutil-0.0.dylib requires version 6.0.0 or later, but libexpat.0.dylib provides version 2.0.0


I can install Subversion via fink just fine, but if I try to run it (e.g., svn -v), the above message displays and the execution fails. As far as I can tell, there is no version 6 of libexpat; I've updated libexpat via fink and tried compiling it manually myself.

Update:
I've since resolved the issue. The fix (in my case, at least - YMMV) was to custom-build APR 1.2.3, and specify that APR and APR-util on the command line (apr-1-config and apu-1-config) when building Subversion. You can also build APR and APR-util automatically along with apache by adding --with-included-apr to apache's ./configure. Please post in comments with your experiences.

No comments: